Thursday 2 March 2017

March 2nd. March didn't come in like a lion.

Did March come in like a lion, where you live?

I live in Southern Ontario, some call it the banana belt of the south!! Sometimes all around us get the snow storms but Brantford sometimes misses the storms that London, Ontario and Kitchener and even Cambridge gets.  I am sure there must be a reason.

Well we all waited with bated breath to see what March was going to come in like a lion or a lamb, so our region it came in like a lamb, but my friend to the north of us in northern Ontario, by the looks of her pictures it must come in like a lion, as she had a big parka on covered in snow. Brrrr!! I think we are all waiting for spring.

As my background is from England, one thing I long for in my adopted land Canada is spring flowers of my motherland.  We have to wait a bit longer than they do.  We had hoped to spend springtime in the UK. but some health issues made that impossible this year.  So my brother from time to time post some of the beautiful photos he takes while on his gardening business.  So I drool over thise photos as they come in.   I treated myself to a beautiful orchid so I hope I can keep it alive.  Someone told me to give it a ice cube once a week and I have faithfully been doing that.  Talking about my brother the gardener he has a site of his own if you want to check it out, it is called Heritage Gardens by David Usher. He was the head gardener of Hestercombe Gardens and was there at the beginning of the restoration and he does talks to garden clubs in the West Country.UK.
I noticed yesterday my bulbs I planted are showing a couple of inches above the ground so it is telling me spring is on the way, and we can also tell that it is not getting so dark so early so it gives us hope of spring days ahead.  To be quite honest for us in our area the winter has not been too bad at all.

With the days of winter come much activity in my new sewing studio, after coming from a very cramped room I feel so elated that I have much more space and once it is all set I will take a few photos, a before and after.  So I have been busy with postcards, I have posted some of my postcards on Instagram site Etched In Thread by Ally. Or on my FB page there are a few postcard and also the start of my next art thread painting, where I am hoping show step by step as I progress with this project. FB.  Etchedinthread By Ally.

Leaving you today with a thought - quote for the week.


Not all of us will do great things.  But we can do small things with great love.
                                                                                                     Mother Teresa.

             









5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog Ally. That's amazing. Yes March certainly came in like a lion here. It sounds like you've been really busy with your thread painting which looks amazing. I'm coming down in April so I hope to see you then. Enjoy your day and keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Doreen. Hope we can all get together for lunch, like we did last time. Let us know the dates.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting your blog name over at LuAnn's (May Your Bobbin Always Be Full) so I could come over and check out your blog! I longarm and just did my first thread painting...such fun to use a lot of the threads I have been hoarding!! I'm looking forward to following your blog and checking out what is going on in your piece of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LuAnn for coming over and checking me out. I am new to this so I'm still finding out how to set things up. I have been following you for a while on Pinterest, your lovely quilting. and just love your Boxer Gunner, we had a Boxer her name was Bella and we miss her sorely. Been watching the new calves you posted. I am from S.Ontario.Canada. Glad you are taking up Thread Painting.I have more of my art pieces on my FB page Etched In Thread By Ally. If you want to check out.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete