Thursday 9 March 2017

March 9th Postcards Making.

Post card Making.

I am in the process of setting up a shop on Etsy so have been making postcards to add to my stock of small items of thread painting.

Here are a few postcards that I have worked on lately. This one reminds me of the sand dunes at the  Pinery Provincal Park on Lake Huron, which we visited last summer with our trailer. And here is a photo of the beach with the drift wood that was left after the winter, we climbed over the dunes to reach the beach.
 


Here is my thread painting of the beach at the Pinery Provincal Park, I made this as a gift for our Son and daughter in laws nanny and it winged its way to Hong Kong.


Here is another beach scene and it reminds me a little of Florida, with the turquoise blue ocean and the palm trees.

We are still having days of mixed weather, yesterday there was high winds and a big truck was blown over on the Burlington Skyway, which is a huge bridge over Hamilton Bay.
We are all thinking at times Spring is here when our temps goes up to 12- 15C but then it tricks us and we are back to cold temps again. This Saturday the clocks change here though my brother tells me the UK it is a few weeks later.

The other day when it was 15C it was family day holiday, and everyone was enjoying the warmer temps and the sunshine, on the trails near our home, so we took advantage of this and went for quite a hike. We are lucky to have the trails part of the trans Canada trail across Canada, which one can bike, run and walk on.


Today I have been making Lemon Curd and some scones, I thought I had my photo downloaded but it seems it is not so I'll try and pop in here tomorrow or when I have the picture download that I took of my activity along with the recipe for you to try.

I am going to post one last thread painting it is taken from a photo taken from our trip to Scotland of the Bridge to Skye. It was such a beautiful day with sunshine and a lovely train ride stopping at many small hamlets on it route.



Please feel free to comment and I will try to respond, this is new to me blogging on the computer so there is things I don't know and hope to improve on my page as I learn, so bear with me!!

Thought for the day.

Don't mistake God's patience for His absence. His timing is perfect, and His presence is constant. He's always with you.   Deut. 3.16









6 comments:

  1. Fun postcards. I hope I'm on your list as I've signed up and it says I am there, but so far have not gotten an email informing me when your posts show. Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is weird as I have just checked with Google and you are not on the list with the others. Did you redo it again today. Try putting in your email address, a pop up comes up where you have to retype their word code. I am trying to down load a pic of my scones and lemon curd so I can put up receipe but having trouble, so there maybe another blog when I do it. Will be interesting to see if you get a notice.

      Delete
  2. Your thread painting is beautiful! Can you also put a link to your Etsy shop so we can see what you have to sell there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LuAnn at the moment I am just about to open it, trying to get the postage sorted with weighs. Our postage is so expensive so I am keeping my items to small things that I can mail in a paddy bag. So my big pictures won't be on sale , just at my Christmas in Paris sale.
      I have set up an Instagram site Etched In Thread By Ally. Once I get going with my Etsy shop I will hopefully be able to promote it on here and sent traffic over there, at lest that is my hope.
      By the way loved what you posted today, love the vibrant colours is it going to be a wall hanging or quilt?

      Delete
    2. Farm Quilter - sorry I thought I was talking to LuAnn wasn't until I saw you comment on LuAnn K blog that I was it was a different person. But that is OK. I will be putting my Etsy shop up once I have open it, so if you follow along here you'll see it. Welcome to my blog Farm Quilter.

      Delete
    3. Farm Quilter I have now got my Etsy shop and open it is
      EtchedInThreadByAlly.Etsy.com

      Delete