Monday 4 February 2019

Australia trip.Wi

February3rd.2019

This is our 5th day back home. And glad to say the temps are better than the day we arrived back. The snow banks outside the house are deminishing the sun is out and it looks quite Cherri.
I have an appointment at the fracture clinic on Wednesday, so I think I will stay put inside until then. But what can one do when they are right handed and can't even chop veggie for the big pot of chicken soup Paul is going to make.

So thought I would add to the blog, there will be more pics when I get the pics downloaded from my camera.

Here is a picture of us taken at the Grampian mountains, yes they have them in Australia too, the others are in Scotland.


The last time we went here was with our niece Gill and we came to the railing and could see nothing as it was so foggy, so we asked if we could go again and what a wonderful vistas we saw. Mick, Gill Maddie their daughter we all went and had a picnic lunch, listened and watched the colourful birds sing, as we ate.

While in Australia my friend Barb who got me interested into thread painting over ten years ago, had a day when we played with our threads.
Here is a couple of pictures of us though Barb wasn't keen to have a closeup, so Paul took one of her as she worked.




Here is another item Barb and I experimented with, it is a leaf we stitched on solable stabilizer once washed away leaves you with a leaf or whatever you design and sewed on the machine.


Going post another photo of the work of Amanda Hartland at Amanda Hartland Textiles you can check her work out. It really appeals to me it is thread sketching and she paints the sketch work and it really makes it pop. I love ER work as she uses every say scenes that we all take for granted, this really reminisce as it is so British and also my brothers first car was a black Morris Minor.


I will try and get more of the Aussie pictures downloaded for my next blog.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment