Tuesday 29 January 2019

Sdyney

January 29th.

We arrived in Sdyney on Thurs and Friday I met with an accident fell over a raised grate in sidewalk and broke my right upper Arm. Spent all of Friday in ER. Our niece kindly flew down from Melbourne and helped us. And by Sunday had us with letter To fly and flew out Sunday night between her and Duncan it was a load of Paul. Though I am trussed up and in pain with meds. We did manage a trip on load all ferry to go under bridge and see opera house. It was best to do that as it was 43 C and our Airbnb didn't have air so cooler to seat on a boat in the bay with the ocean breeze.
Heading back to Canada tomorrow and then to ER will need a plate and screws.

This old gal isn't let this accident get her down.

Post more pics of travel at a later date.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this horrible accident marred your trip down under! Pray you will heal quickly after the plate and screws are in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farm quilter just get caught up with my replies.
      It seems in Canada the route they take is to keep arm in a sling in a hang mode as long as in line and let heal naturally. They gave me heavy pain pills which I take when it gets too much but try and manage of strong Tylenol . Have to go to fracture clinic on Wednesday to see surgeon so we see what happens.

      Delete
  2. Oh Ally, what a memory you'll have of your trip with that broken arm. So sorry, but thrilled that you aren't letting it get you down. Good for you! Safe travels home. This is a big week, getting ready for Dennis' service on Saturday. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ we were thinking of you all yesterday and pray everything went according to plan.
      Not doing too bad because they want it to heal naturally I am in a sling with it hanging. Have heavy pain meds but try to take them for sleeping otherwise on strong tylenols. I find the pain tires me so I give in to it and sleep and rest. Have to see surgeon again on Wednesday at fracture clinic maybe they will take another X-ray to make sure it is still lined up.
      Probably will be putting more pics of holiday on as I can read and do a bit but my right hand is out of action and not left handed.ttyl.

      Delete
  3. Hope for arm is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unknown thank you. As I say each day getting better and pain is not quite as fierce as it was the day I did it.
    Hope to post more pics of our trip.

    ReplyDelete