Monday 4 November 2019

Christmas In Paris Kindred Spirit Show.

November 4th 2019.

Here are a few pictures of the show that I would like to share with you. My cards were nearly a sell out but a bit disappointed that I didn't sell as many pictures as last year.

Here is a picture of my Stand










Here is the picture of my card rack along with the notice of Just A Card that I displayed for people to read the little write up that started the challenge to shop local, hand made not mass produced items. Encouraging people to buy even just a card helps to keep small businesses a float in our communities.
I know for me when I visited the UK a year or so ago, Paul and myself went into several galleries and looked at the beautiful artwork of the local people. Of course with a restrictive luggage load and flying we were unable to buy a big item but I bought a card of the artist work to remind me of the visit. A card is always something one can use and I have quite a collection from different artists. So that is mainly what the sign is about.

My cards were a great success in fact I came home Saturday to pack up a few cards that I had printed of my photography of the Lotus and Lily farm we visited with our Australian friends while visiting Melbourne.



I was so pleased though my Alpaca thread painting that brought much attention and scritizing of by different people didn't actually get sold at the show, but got a message Saturday night that I had a buyer, was so pleased and was able to still show it with a big SOLD notice on it.
I hope the photo I have of it, will be good enough to have made into cards for another time.
In my next blog I will post it all framed up for you to see.


I understand from a few of you that follow my blog that you are unable to post comments I have gone into the settings hoping it may help, and that there will be a place where you can comment. Unfortunately I am not computer savvy and so by trying different option I fall on an answer. So if you are able to now make a comment but don't want to comment a little 👍👍, I would really appreciate.

All for now enjoy your day and keep smiling, because when you smile the world smiles back and it makes it such a better place. 😄😄😄




4 comments:

  1. Yay for the cards selling so well. I know that here in the USA we are being told to prepare for a recession...not sure if you are getting that same line. So cool that your Alpaca sold after the show!! What a great feeling and I can't wait to see the picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farm Quilter - yes I was so pleased about the cards. They are an easy and fun project that doesn't take time, unlike the Alpaca which I spent hours on. Actually I sold two others so I will show them on my next blog.

      Delete
  2. Your display for the sale is very appealing! I'm so glad your cards sold so well... and the alpaca! It is so hard to know what will interest people from one sale to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BJ. Glad you liked my display. Paul made it for me and I think it shows off my picture really well. I have a small local show on 16th Nov. more like a bazar to support our local community so will be putting in my smaller items along with my friend Sylvia we will share a table. I will have to make a few more cards as my stock is very low. Maybe you could email me your address again.

      Delete