Sunday 30 December 2018

Sham Shui Pol

December 31st 2018

Well today is New Years Eve and we look forward to leaving the old year and starting a New Year.
For many 2018 has been a year of many changes and adventures, so good and some not so good.
Paul and I started our 2018 not so good but God saw us through and we rose above the health issues that Paul struggled with into a sunny summer. We enjoyed beautiful times at our trailer, family time when our kids celebrated with us early our 50th with a family photo shot, those are the precious memories we will always treasure. Time with family means so a lot when everyone is so scattered around the world. We had a beautiful time with family in the UK finishing with a cone and go celebration tea with family and friends that we could see separately and what a lovely celebration it was, God has so blessed us with beautiful friends and family. And to Paul and I it isn't material things that are important at this stage of our life but time spent with friends and family.

Today I am going to share with you Sham Shui Po, which is over on. Kowloon . Leigh Ann and her friend Cilla took me there to see the sights, smells of Sham Shui Po. It is a place where the locals shop and as I say the sight and sounds are quite different to what us westerners are used to. I think we were in the he minority among the shoppers. The vegetable and fruit so we see in our shops at home but many strange veg that I haven't a clue what they were. And the meat hung to the open air not something we are used to but interesting never the less.


A closer look we see things that I think are pigs trotters not quite sure of the other meats displayed.





Then there was the sewing machine shops and fabric shops also beading stores. I have never seen so many beads, Suzanne you would enjoy that.





Can you see the washing hanging out the windows, I wonder what happens if you dropped something as you peg it out on the line!!


No comments:

Post a Comment